Fair enough.  Modifying .cvsignore to include configure seems to have
solved the problem.  I guess I don't grok CVS well enough to
understand the problem but I don't want to cause any pain.  I wonder
if adding configure to .cvsignore in the repository would be
appropriate, though since it's already set up to ignore the other
generated files (like Makefile, config.status etc).

Anyway, I've now got the latest snapshot built and a means to ensure
I'm able to continue to do so, which is all I was worried about.
Thanks.
--
Dave Goldberg