I've got an entry in BBDB (2.2) for a colleague like "John Smith" --
it's a fairly common name.  In some lists I subscribe to, there is a
different poster also named "John Smith".

BBDB always asks me if I want to add this user's email address, and I
always have to indicate not.

I like the "would you like to add" feature but would like to be able
to selectively disable it for cases like this. Or maybe store a record
for this alternate "John Smith" so I don't have to hear about it
again. Is there a way to do this? Can two different entries have the
same human name?