I've included a patch to explain.  Not completely bleeding edge cvs,
as you can see.  I'm sure someone can fix this in a more elegant way.
bbdb notices a new address, I ask to add it, (not (bbdb-y-or-n-p evals
to nil and bbdb goes away without actually performing the add (when,
in let, needs to convince an if to go add it).  Or so I thought.

And while on the topic of feeping creatures, I noticed some default
canonicalization happening on email addresses, while I was trying to
ignore addresses with additional addressing:
look[-+]my_mta_groks_this@here (some people may be interested to
collect these frobbings).  Ofcourse, bbdb-canonicalize-net-hook is my
friend, but I'd think a feature that reduced frobbed mailboxes to
their bare minimum is good in general for bbdb-stored ones (my mua
will reply to the frobbed one, if these fiends insist I bring some
cookies).

Tjoe,
Conrad.

*** bbdb.el~	Sat Feb  3 12:39:56 2001
--- bbdb.el	Tue Feb  6 23:13:44 2001
***************
*** 2786,2804 ****
                                         0 (max 0 (- w (length the-first-bit)
                                                     20)))
                                        "...")))
!                            (when (and (not (bbdb-y-or-n-p (concat the-first-bit
!                                                                   the-next-bit
!                                                                   "\"? ")))
!                                       (bbdb-y-or-n-p
!                                        (format "Create a new record for %s? "
!                                                (bbdb-record-name record))))
!                              ;; else add a new record with the same name
!                              (setq record
!                                    (bbdb-create-internal name nil net
!                                                          nil nil nil))
!                              nil))))))
                      ;; then modify an existing record
                      (let ((front-p (cond ((null bbdb-new-nets-always-primary)
                                            (bbdb-y-or-n-p
                                             (format
                                              "Make \"%s\" the primary address? "
--- 2786,2805 ----
                                         0 (max 0 (- w (length the-first-bit)
                                                     20)))
                                        "...")))
! 			   (if (bbdb-y-or-n-p (concat the-first-bit
! 						      the-next-bit
! 			     (if (bbdb-y-or-n-p