Following the instructions in the BBDB info file, I added 'mail-alias'
fields to several people in my bbdb. But when I type 'alias-name' on
the To: field and press Tab or M-Tab, the alias isn't expanded.

There's a passing reference to mail-abbrev.el on that info page, so I
tried to use that (the most recent I could find was from '91), but it
doesn't work. Something has changed in one of the keymaps or
something; attempting to load it results in:

  Wrong type argument: arrayp, (keymap #^[t nil set-mark-command
  beginning-of-line backward-char mode-specific-command-prefix
  delete-char end-of-line forward-char keyboard-quit] (f4
  . speedbar-get-focus) (vertical-line keymap (mouse-1
  . mouse-select-window) (down-mouse-1 . mouse-drag-vertical-line)
  (C-mouse-2 . mouse-split-window-vertically)) (vertical-scroll-bar
  keymap (drag-mouse-3 . scroll-bar-scroll-down)...

I also note that there's a comment in the info file about mail-abbrev.el
being removed, so maybe that isn't supposed to work anymore.

Help?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | If we lived alone in a featureless
http://nwalsh.com/            | desert we should learn to place the