  Laura> I use BBDB from CVS, and just updated it before writing this
  Laura> bug report. I have a correspondent whose BBDB record looks
  Laura> like:

  Laura> Jérémie Lumbroso
  Laura>             net: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Laura>   creation-date: 24 Apr 2001
  Laura>       timestamp: 24 Apr 2001
  Laura>     attribution: Jérémie

  Laura> Whenever I try to answer him, sc tries to use an attribution
  Laura> of "mie", rather than his full first name. I can paste in the
  Laura> correct attribution, but is there a better solution? I assume
  Laura> this is an sc bug rather than a bbdb one.

I fought that bug some time ago (it was more severe for me, given that
Russian names are written in Cyrillic!). The problem was that some
regexps assumed that the word characters are [a-z] rather than \w.

I do not remember all the details, but my customization file contains
the following records:

 '(sc-citation-nonnested-root-regexp "\\([-._]\\|\\w\\)+")
 '(sc-citation-root-regexp "\\([-._]\\|\\w\\)*")

I do not remember whether some more corrections are necessary.

I suggest that you should try these customizations first.

--
Sergei