On May 6, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> For someone more adept at web searching and parsing in elisp than I
> am, it should be fairly easy to have a bbdb-google-snarf function, to
> snarf the address and phone number into bbdb.

As someone who's spent an amount of time hacking on parsers for search
engine returns and other CGI-generated web pages, I can tell you that
it's not fairly easy. There's absolutely no guarantee that what comes
back at you will be any more parseable than random line noise, and
grasping details such as "this is a phone number" using contextual
clues and acquired knowledge is something that's very easy for a human
and very difficult for an arbitrary piece of code.

Of course, as soon as everyone switches to using XML, all this parsing
will become very simple. Honest.

Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"MS: a debilitating and surprisingly widespread affliction that renders
 the sufferer barely able to perform the simplest task." - Mel White