I've added a record to bbdb with my name and email aliases (well I have
trouble remembering them sometimes), however I read a newsgroup to
which another 'Robert Marshall' contributes. Normally, if it wasn't my
name, I'd have no qualms about merging the two records. In this case I
separate them. However I then get an error when viewing posting by
either of us (in gnus), I get (with emails anonymised):

Debugger entered--Lisp error:
(wrong-type-argument listp ["Robert" "Marshall" nil nil nil nil
 ("other Robert Marshall's email") ((creation-date . "2001-04-30")
 (timestamp . "2001-05-22"))
["Robert Marshall" nil #<marker at 23626 in .bbdb> nil]])
  bbdb-annotate-message-sender("Robert Marshall <my email>" t nil nil)
  bbdb/gnus-update-record(nil)
I thought bbdb coped with this case - thought I read it in the docs
somewhere...

If it doesn't, have anyone got a workaround - at the moment I've
amended my namesake to have some extra initials which seems to work ok

(this is bbdb version 2.32)

Robert
--
Robert Marshall