On June 28, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> More and more, I'm getting:
>
>     Change "User Name" to "'User Name'"
>
> and when I say no:
>
>     Add "'User Name'" as an alias for "User Name"
>
> Has anybody written some elisp that'll strip leading and trailing
> single quotes from such cases?

Hmm. What BBDB version, what MUA, what Emacs version? I've just tried

(bbdb-extract-address-components "\"'Ronan Waide'\" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>")

and it correctly stripped out the quotation marks. Perhaps if you gave
an example of a mail address that causes this, as well, it might help.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

AjD says, "INTERNET ADMINISTRATORS NUKED MY THERMAL UNDERWEAR!"