On June 19, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using:
> GNU Emacs 20.7.1 on WinNT4
> vm 6.92
> bbdb 2.32
>
> I just started using bbdb so please forgive me if my problem is caused
> by incorrectly setting up bbdb.
>
> I'd like to use the popup that shows the bbdb entry of the currently
> selected mail. Setting bbdb-use-popup t does work, kinda. Whenever I
> start vm, a third window will pop up under the INBOX Summary and INBOX
> windows. But as soon as I jump to a different mail, the bbdb window
> disappears. The buffer is still present and it indeed shows the
> correct entry, but it is simply no longer displayed by default.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Markus

Can't recall if I answered this or not. VM uses its own window
management stuff to frob the display, and it usually conflicts with
BBDB in unusual ways. Your best bet is to set up your VM windows such
that there's a BBDB window down at the bottom wherever you want
one. Kyle's modified VM - I think - to remove any windows with nothing
displayed in them, so if there's no BBDB record for the current email,
it won't take up screen real-estate. Kinda like a popup, really...

Waider. There's probably a good, simple, wrong fix for this.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.
"Multithreadedness, like object-orientedness, is a matter of perception.