Hi Kai,

thank you for all your help!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> On 06 Jul 2001, John Eismeier wrote:
>
> > yes, I don't know what I have changed to have news set to nil but
> > new xemacs sessions now has news set to nil and mail is set to t???
>
> Dunno why that is, either.  Anyway, just set them the way you like,
> and you should be a happy camper.

Because I have the volume turned off, I didn't hear a beep during the
startup of xemacs and nothing is displayed in the scratch buffer that
is a syntax error/lisp code problem.  To make matters worse, I haven't
noticed bbdb with new sessions failing to write updates because I have
one old xemacs session still writing bbdb updates.  What I found was
the bbdb-initialize didn't like the 'sc.  I don't know why be at least
I have a much better understanding of what to check in bbdb.

(require 'bbdb)
(require 'bbdb-com)
(require 'bbdb-xemacs)
(require 'bbdb-hooks)
;(bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message 'sc 'w3)
(bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message 'w3)

any reason why bbdb isn't writing output to the scratch buffer at
startup???  What do I need for sc to work and is sc supercite?

> > I also noticed C-h v is not defined for xemacs -nw ???  Did I
> > disable that somehow???
>
> If C-h doesn't work, maybe that's because xemacs -nw wants to use that
> for backspace?

this must be the issue, thank you.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (1-508-435-1000 x12142)