Steve Youngs wrote:
> |--==> "VZ" == Volker Zell <Dr.> writes:
>   >>>>>>"Steve" == Steve Youngs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>   Steve> In the last 2 years that I've used BBDB I have seen xfaces
>   Steve> in the bbdb buffer *once*.
>
>   Steve> The manual says that it should "just happen" if you have
>   Steve> xface support compiled into your XEmacs.  Well, apart from
>   Steve> that one off occasion, it doesn't for me.
>
>   VZ> I'm more lucky, I've seen it 4 times in the last 3 years.  But
>   VZ> I also do not know what's triggering it. It definitely doesn't
>   VZ> work out of the box if you have xfaces compiled in.
>
> There's got to be more than just Volker and I who have seen xfaces
> in a BBDB buffer.  Is there anyone out there who sees them
> consistently?  And if you do... how?

Don't count on it.

If I remember correctly, X-Face support was added to BBDB well before
it was in VM and Gnus.

Now that the major mail and news readers have it, no one probably uses
it any more.

Anyway, just for the fun of it, I added a `face' property to my own
entry, and it worked.

"BBDB version 2.00.06 ($Date: 1999/01/25 06:16:02 $)"
"21.5  (beta0) \"alfalfa\" XEmacs Lucid"

It sounds like the problem is that it only works if you have some
other random library loaded.

--
Colin