All,

I have some problems with elided display, i.e. I have
bbdb-pop-up-elided-display set to t and that's what I get. But I have
many entries where the company-field is to long to fit into
bbdb-elided-display-name-end which triggers a signal. The following
patch should fix it in principle, I'd assume:

,----
| cvs diff -u
| Index: lisp/bbdb-gui.el
| ===================================================================
| RCS file: /cvsroot/bbdb/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-gui.el,v
| retrieving revision 1.16
| diff -u -r1.16 bbdb-gui.el
| --- lisp/bbdb-gui.el    2001/08/14 17:56:56     1.16
| +++ lisp/bbdb-gui.el    2001/08/21 04:08:33
| @@ -176,7 +176,9 @@
|          (goto-char start)
|          (if (search-forward " - " p t)
|              (progn
| -              (setq e (bbdb-make-extent (point) p))
| +              (setq e (bbdb-make-extent (point) (if (not elided-p)
| +                                                    p
| +                                                  (min p (+ 4
|bbdb-elided-display-name-end)))))
|                (bbdb-set-extent-property e 'data 'bbdb)
|                (bbdb-set-extent-face e 'bbdb-company)
|                (bbdb-set-extent-property e 'highlight t)
`----

Well, there are still two issues

a) bbdb-elided-display-name is apparently 4 chars to small, but this
looks kinda an arbitrary sum up there...
And then it actually doesn't work, because the last of the ellipses
is not fontified correctly anyway:(

b) On the first display of a record elided-p is apparently not
correctly set, so it still triggers the signal:((

Anybody?

Greetings,
Jochen
    Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité                GnuPG key: 44BCCD8E
        Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll