On August 29, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>     >> While compiling toplevel forms in file
>/home/lconrad/src/bbdb/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-gnus.el:
>     >> !! Invalid byte code (("variable reference to constant symbol :group"))
>     >> >>Error occurred processing bbdb-gnus.el:
>     >> Invalid byte code: "variable reference to constant symbol :group"

Hmmmmmm. I wonder. Perhaps it's upset at me using 'group' as a
variable name. There's three places in bbdb-gnus.el where this occurs:

542:(defun bbdb/gnus-score (group)

550:       (read (bbdb/gnus-score-as-text group))

556:(defun bbdb/gnus-score-as-text (group)

Try changing group to groupname (say) and see if it compiles then. If
it does, someone needs to be beaten soundly with a stick. And I don't
think it's me.

Of course, if this doesn't work, try grabbing a fresh copy of
bbdb-gnus.el from CVS. Maybe your copy is somehow corrupt.

Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"disclaimer: As I have stated before, my client was nowhere near the site at
 the time of the incident."  - Michael, the Chaotic