[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Adrian Aichner) writes:

>     Chuck> bbdb-send-mail-style must be vm, mh, message, compose or rmail
>     Chuck> (setq
>     Chuck>  bbdb-send-mail-style "mh"
>     Chuck> .....etc
>
> Try
> (setq bbdb-send-mail-style 'mh)
> instead.
>
> That's what the docstring says you need.
>
> Try
> M-x describe-variable RET bbdb-send-mail-style RET

AUGH!  I hate asking bone headed question, but do appreciate getting
polite answers to them, thanks for the tutorial on describe-variable.

I got over that hurdle and partway through another using your advise.
Now I get an error along the lines of "Autoload failed to load
mh-send" I used describe-function on mh-send and found a suggestion
that I not use this outside of mh-e but instead should use mh-smail.
I have found that once I have hit my mail with mh-e or gnus which I
usually use to front end my MH mailstore that bbdb menu send mail
works fine, presumably because each of them will autoload all of the
mh-e stuff but it sounds cleaner to tell bbdb to use mh-smail.  So I
guess the question here (showing my relative ignorance for all the
world to see) is should I add a directive to my .emacs along the lines
of require mh-e or require mh-smail or am I totaly off in the weeds?

Thanks for the assist,
Chuck