(Please excuse an off-list post. I am a Reservist, soon to leave for a
nice foriegn trip on the Army's time, so I can't hang around and
discuss this.)

The problem arises when sending mail using M-x vm-mail. It also occurs
in M-x mail (perhaps because vm-mail - as I understand it - is merely
a spruced up version of M-x mail). I have the following bbdb record in
my database:

Lisa Ross
     net: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[etc]

If I type "Lisa" into the mail buffer To: line, and press M-TAB, I get

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

instead of the expected

To: "Lisa Ross" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The issue here, is, of course, the absence of the record name. I have
been able to replicate this with various other name/net
combinations. The pattern seems to be that if the first part of the
net address (before the @), with all the non-alphanumeric
characters replaced with sqeezed (in the sense of tr -s) spaces, is the
same as the name field, the above error will occur. I have not,
however, exhaustively tested this. I have observed no other fields
having an impact on this bug.

Thanks for your time and bandwidth.
--
Bruce J.A. Nourish      | "There are two ways to empty a room in Washington.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     | Hold a fundraiser for a defeated candidate, or a