hi,

we have a file which contains phone numbers and office locations of all
people that are employed at the university.

i want to add an entry to my bbdb data base for all these people
if it does not already exist - otherwise (if there is an entry for a
particular person) i want to check if my data is still current.

it is relatively easy to obtain and pass the needed information (name
company phones) from that file to bbdb-create-internal in a lisp
function ... but how can i

     1.  check if a bbdb entry for a given name exists?
     2.  compare the phone number of an existing bbdb entry
         (found e.g. in step 1.) with the corresponding phone number
         found in the file?
     3.  automatically add phone and office location if the existing
         bbdb entry is empty in the corresponding fields (most likely
         it will only contain information for net ...)?

thanks a lot for help,
tomy

--
Signature for mail groups