On Friday, January 25, 2002 at 08:49:38, Niklas Morberg wrote:
[...]
> I've tried all of the above, but to no avail. I've trimmed
> down my bbdb to a minimal file which fails here and attached
> it to this email. There seems to be some encoding issue, but
> I have no idea what the cause is (or how to fix it).

O.k. now I understand what is going wrong here.
        M-: (downcase "ÖÄ") RET
Has a different result depending on the buffer, i.e. when
putting the hash-table entry its result is "ÖÄ", but in the
mail composition buffer its "öä".
This is the reason why the completion is not found.

At the moment I am not sure how to fix this in the "right"
way, but as a work around you might add an AKA field to
those records with all characters downcased.

Robert