In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            Miroslav Fikar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: > FSF emacs 21.1 does this w/o a hassle. :-)
: >
: > Warner
:
: Well, I can confirm that the problems are still there.
: GNU Emacs 21.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2001-11-20 on
:elyssa.ensic.inpl-nancy.fr
:
: It keeps asking me for many entries, where the letters as s/š, n/ň, a/á ... are
: happily mixed and the combinations grow.

Usually this is the result of the original author of the email
switching around, or "helpful" mail gateways doing it for you.  Older
versions of emacs did weird and bad things.  Now at least tehy are
preserved.

If you think this is a bug, then bbdb is going to have to have a fuzzy
table to use for the matches...

Warner