On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am happy/sorry to say after Robert replied on this issue, I tried to
> make it happen again by byte-compiling the ELs with 21.1.90 and it
> doesn't happen anymore. Now, I don't know why it was complaining in
> the first place. Could it be that not all the files were compiled at
> once and this caused some inconsistency? I remember doing a cvs update
> of the bbdb tree recently and probably only the files that changed
> then were compiled. Unfortunately, I deleted the ELCs that seemed to
> cause this problem.

I had weird problems too with the cvs version which was solved by
rebuilding. I think the issue might be - at least the sequence was in my
case

./configure
make
;; whoops I didn't specify where vm was and it hasn't built it
./configure --vm-dir=~/wherever ; ignore wrong syntax!
make

.elc was faulty
had to do a make clean and then to be safe reran configure with the correct
flags

Robert Marshall