According to Matthieu Moy:
> Ronan Waide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > (b) what do people think about storing QP-encoded text in the BBDB?
>
> Tell  me if  I'm wrong,  but QP  enconding will  solve the  problem of
> 7/8bits encoding,  but not  the charset. It's  just a way  of encoding
> ASCII chars > 127, but it  doesn't tell which character is actually at
> this  position.  (That's  why  there  are two  different  headers  for
> QP/8bits and charset in mails).

QP header encoding solves this; the charset is embedded in the QP encoding.
As I say, this is just an idea I've had because the whole charset thing is
a pain and Emacs varied handling of coding systems is even more of a pain.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Chances are I'm not at home right now.