On September 17, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> In my Gnus topics for mail, I've set `bbdb/news-auto-create-p' to t,
> whereas it's nil in newsgroups.
> [-]
> Is there any way how I could get rid of those questions? I searched
> the docs without success (e.g. `M-x apropos-variable bbdb.*ignor RET'
> gives no match).

You can set bbdb/news-auto-create-p to the name of a function (per the
documentation for this variable) that checks an exclude-list to see if
the user should be added or not. If they should, return t, otherwise
return nil. I use this myself to filter out certain things from
auto-adding. This is in some sense a crude solution, but I've seen
this question in several guises in the last few years and there
doesn't seem to be a correct programmatic answer to it. Well, not
without increasing the number of switches and knobs that control BBDB,
of which I think there are already too many.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

Anyway, yes. Known bug. Try entering only numbers as your phone number, no
brackets, dashes, widgets, knobs, fish or sliding trammel bars.