On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Alex Schroeder spake:
> Mario Mommer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> Maybe I misunderstood something, but... bbdb's usual modus operandi is
>> that it starts gathering information, like when I'm reading e-mail it
>> saves the addresses, etc. Am I right on this?
>
> No, the usual modus operandi is just an address book.  To add the
> author of a mail or posting to the BBDB, hit `:'.  This should get you
> started without any other switches and settings.  :)

I guess it depends what a `usual modus operandi' is.

The *default* is to act like an address book, but some of us (I don't
have a clue what proportion) collect *everything* obsessively.

(It was my habit of doing that that led to bbdb-expire...)

(cool feature of the day; `bbdb-show-duplicates'. This should be
documented; it's very damn useful to those of us with large ugly bbdbs.)

Random thought:, `bbdb-hashtable-size' should either be periodically
recomputed as the BBDB grows (and the hashtable rebuilt), or at least
computed at startup from the number of elements then in the BBDB.

I'll implement patches for that if anyone cares.)

--
`Let's have a round of applause for those daring young men
 and their flying spellcheckers.' --- Meg Worley