I did some fiddling with my xemacs configuration files earlier this
week, and thought I had removed all my (unsuccessful) experiments.  I
certainly always had the line:

(global-unset-key "\M-\t")

before the line:

(require 'bbdb)

Another user, with an identical (for this purpose) .xemacs/init.el
file can type "ESC TAB" and get bbdb completion; for me it runs spell
check.  I spent a lot of time playing with various kinds of init
files, and can't figure out what is screwed up on the user who can't.

Does anyone have any ideas?  The complete .bbdb section in both files
is:

(global-unset-key "\M-\t")
(require 'bbdb)
(add-hook 'gnus-startup-hook 'bbdb-insinuate-gnus)

(setq sc-preferred-attribution-list '( "sc-lastchoice" "x-attribution" "sc-consult"
"firstname" "initials" "lastname"))

(bbdb-insinuate-sc)

(The thing that I was trying to fix when I fiddled with the init files
was the attribution list, which is ignored by sc.)

This is xemacs 21.4, the bbdb that ships with it on Debian woody, and
gnus 5.8.8.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@;laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574