* Robert Fenk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When using bbdb-define-all-aliases or bbdb-complete-name
> they should be displayed anyway while inserting them (see
> variable `bbdb-completion-display-record').
> Just those stemming from a reply should not show up, but
> they should be listed while viewing the message with your MUA.

Thanks for the explantion.

> When you are looking for automatic creation of records only
> for those messages you are replying to, you should add the
> function 'bbdb-force-record-create (which resides in
> bbdb-hooks.el) to the reply-hook of your MUA!

I have found another nice Lisp code which does almost the same for
outgoing mails:

,----
| ;; Michael R. Wolf in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
| ;; BBDB-Einträge erstellen für ausgehende Mails
| ;; TODO: Remove the mapconcat addition of commas, that get removed by m-t-h
| (defun wolf3-bbdb-add-recipients-to-bbdb ()
|   "Add all recipients to BBDB, using this list of headers:
|       from, sender,
|         to, cc, bcc,
|         resent-from, resent-to, resent-cc, resent-bcc."
|   (let ((fields '("from" "sender"
|                 "to" "cc" "bcc"
|                 "resent-from" "resent-to" "resent-cc" "resent-bcc")))
|      (mapc
|       (lambda (address)
|         (bbdb-annotate-message-sender address t t t))
|       (save-restriction
|         (message-narrow-to-headers)
|         (message-tokenize-header (mapconcat 'message-fetch-field fields ","))))))
|
| ;; Could go into many hooks:
| ;;        message-send-mail-hook
| ;;        message-send-news-hook
| ;;        message-send-hook
| ;;        message-sent-hook
| (add-hook 'message-send-hook 'wolf3-bbdb-add-recipients-to-bbdb)
`----

This works pretty well for me (although I actually asked in my first
mail how to remove this I am using it again now). :-)

Regards,
Marcus
--
"anger thought so no thought touched inside crazy
(disembodied guttural noise need not make sense)"