I've got bbdb (2.35) set up to notice posters to some newsgroups and as a
result of some spam in gnu.emacs.help I've just noticed the following two
entries in my .bbdb

fbilxx - -= Belgacom Usenet Service =-
            net: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     newsgroups: alt.binaries.erotica.amateur.female
nevuej - -= Belgacom Usenet Service =-
            net: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     newsgroups: japan.sukisuki.seifuku

It looks as if bbdb uses the first newsgroup to fill in the newsgroups
line, I'd prefer it if it were to use the current group? or does it not
know the group name? (or should I just train my kill file better?)

I see that the documentation of bbdb/news-auto-create-p says

*If this is t, then GNUS will automatically create new bbdb
records for people you receive mail from.

I think this should read as in the info file

     ... will automatically create new BBDB records for people you read
     messages by.

at the moment it just looks much the same as bbdb/mail-auto-create-p

Robert