Hi,

since yesterday, BBDB crashes when I search something. E.g. I do

      M-x bbdb RET name RET

Then it says something like "searching" and then "frobnicating". Right
after "frobnicating", bbdb crashes, and emacs closes. If I call it
from an xterm, I get the message "Speicherzugriffsfehler emacs"
(memory access error emacs) printed into the xterm window. If I have
BBDB embedded into Gnus, Gnus crashes on opening a message.

I tried upgrading bbdb from Debian stable to Debian testing, but that
didn't help.

I guess the BBDB database got corrupted somehow, is there any
possibility to repair it?

My program versions:

GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-debian-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
                 of 2002-03-22 on raven, modified by Debian
Gnus v5.10.2
BBDB 2.34.cvs20030503-1 (the Debian testing package)

I could try to update the Emacs, there is version 21.3+1-4 now in
Debian testing... Do you think that might do it?

Thanks for your work!

Michael
(not subscribed to the list)