Yes, the KDE address book would be another good candidate.

Particularly because it syncs with a palm.  I know that Jamie once
looked into doing palm<->BBDB sync, but didn't like the Palm format.
I never quite followed his rationale, since things like Outlook
successfully do a lossy sync with the Palm[1].

I hate Outlook because it's so closed (and because if anything goes
wrong you're screwed), but it's nice to have such a rich contact
database.  BBDB comes close, but doesn't sync....

Footnotes:
[1]  Lossy because the Outlook, etc., databases can carry properly
more information than the Palm databases.