I think a lot of people want this and no one has gotten around to it.

Adding net-old which is checked when asking 'do we know this addr',
but not used for completion, as you suggest, would be great.

Along these lines, it would be nice if the 'address foo for bar is not
in the db. add?' query took y/n/o for yes/no/old, where o meant 'add
it to net-old'.  I get this when going through old mail from people no
longer at the email address when they sent it, since I fight the
system and try to keep those addrs out of net.

--
        Greg Troxel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>