On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Robert Widhopf-Fenk uttered the following:
> On Wednesday, March 3, 2004 at 15:18:48, Ronan Waide wrote:
>> On March 3, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>> > I think a lot of people want this and no one has gotten around to
>> > it.
>> >
>> > Adding net-old which is checked when asking 'do we know this
>> > addr', but not used for completion, as you suggest, would be
>> > great.
>>
>> Actually, it has been done as an add-on rather than as part of the
>> core BBDB code. Check the mail archives for bbdb-expire to see the
>> discussion, and grab Nix's code here:
>> http://www.esperi.demon.co.uk/nix/
>
> Without looking at the code ... IMHO bbdb-expire does
> something different.

It does, but I've been meaning to extend it to handle expiry of *parts*
of BBDB records (fields, parts of multi-element fields like net) as
well.

It shouldn't be hard: I'll try to get it done tomorrow evening.

--
`note to the crown prosecution service: Machine guns dont have a
 'stun' setting.' --- mjw