On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:04:22 +0200 Fabian Braennstroem wrote:

Fabian> when I get a mail with a lot of 'cc'-addresses, how can I save
Fabian> them in bbdb.

Are you looking for this?
,----[ C-h f bbdb/gnus-show-all-recipients RET ]
| bbdb/gnus-show-all-recipients is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
`bbdb-gnus'.
| (bbdb/gnus-show-all-recipients)
|
| Show all recipients of this message. Counterpart to `bbdb/vm-show-sender'.
`----

Fabian> And further on, how can I make a group, e.g. 'University',
Fabian> from existing name-entries in bbdb which I can select to send
Fabian> the mail to?

Create 'mail-alias' entries in each of these entries with a value of
'University'. Then check out
,----[ C-h f bbdb-define-all-aliases RET ]
| bbdb-define-all-aliases is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `bbdb-com'.
| (bbdb-define-all-aliases)
|
| Define mail aliases for some of the records in the database.
| Every record which has a `mail-alias' field will have a mail alias
| defined for it which is the contents of that field.  If there are
| multiple comma-separated words in the `mail-alias' field, then all
| of those words will be defined as aliases for that person.
|
| If multiple entries in the database have the same mail alias, then
| that alias expands to a comma-separated list of the network addresses
| of all of those people.
`----

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)