On Monday, April 12, 2004 at 10:58:02, Jochen Küpper wrote:
> ,---- | GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, X toolkit) of 2003-01-23
> on DRACO | No Gnus v0.2 | BBDB version 2.35 ($Date: 2004/03/22
> 15:23:33 $) `----
>
> I do not want entries from mailer-daemons in my bbdb, so I configure
> bbdb-auto-notes-ignore-all, but it doesn't work.
>
> ,----[ C-h v bbdb-auto-notes-ignore-all RET ]
> | bbdb-auto-notes-ignore-all's value is
> | (("From" . "MAILER-DAEMON.*")
> |  ("From" . "Mailer-Daemon.*")
> |  ("From" . "mailer-daemon.*"))
> `----
>
> Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Where shall I look for
> issues? What additional information might be useful?

The auto-notes stuff allows you to add some parts of a
message to an existing record, but it does not inhibit the
record creation.

You want one of the bbdb-ignore*-hook functions, e.g. ...

(setq bbdb/mail-auto-create-p 'bbdb-ignore-some-messages-hook
      bbdb-ignore-some-messages-alist '(("From" . "MAILER-DAEMON.*")
  ("From" . "Mailer-Daemon.*")
  ("From" . "mailer-daemon.*")))

Bye Robert