On September 30, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> I have some problems where I have BBDB entries for a person under
> "<firstname> <middle-initial>. <lastname>"
>
> When I try to expand their mail address, I never can find it, because
> I am lazy and type "<firstname> <lastname>"
>
> Sometimes also the reverse happens.
>
> I was wondering if anyone had hacked the mail abbrevs code to help
> with this problem?  If not, I will probably do so myself...

The mail abbrevs code is a dark, dark place full of dragons. I'm not
inclined to touch it for fear of waking them. Why not simply add AKA
fields to the records by hand? Or hack up a hook for BBDB to
automatically add in the uninitialled version?

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"I like reading in a pub rather than in a library or study,
 as it's generally much easier to get a drink." - Pete McCarthy