I'm guessing from your settings that you're using rmail? There may be
   an rmail-specific problem, and I'm pretty sure someone mailed me about
   it before, so I'll go back through my mailbox and see if I can find
   it. I know for a fact that the code works for VM as I had to disable
   it this morning on my own setup :)

Thanks for getting back to me about it.  If you happen to find an
RMAIL-specific _fix_ that would be really super.  Otherwise I guess
I'll dive into the code, since presumably it shouldn't be too hard to
disable the prompting entirely from there...

Joe