On August 10, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> I'm confused about how bbdb does its completion.  I have
> bbdb-completion-type set to primary-or-name.  I have about 10 "John"s
> in my BBDB, yet, when I bbdb-complete-name on John, the completion
> window only shows 3 entries.  Is this a bug?

It may be. I don't know. I've had repeated reports of this over the
last couple of years, but noone's ever provided me with a minimal test
case to reproduce (and thus debug) the problem. If you're willing to
supply me with a copy of your .bbdb file - or as much of it as is
required to demonstrate the bug - and your bbdb setup (use
bbdb-submit-bug-report, and change the address it's sending to to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]) I can have a go at tracking it down.

In general if you're submitting a bug report, use
bbdb-submit-bug-report. As it stands you've not told me what version
of emacs, BBDB, or anything else you're using!

> I also have a bunch of acquired AKAs that are basically bogus that are
> interfering with completion, so I'd like to prevent the bogus AKAs
> being inserted.  Answering 'n' at the prompt for inserting the AKA is
> not really an option, because the same AKA will keep popping up and
> require user interaction.  Would it be possible to add an option to
> ignore an AKA forever (probably by adding to a not-aka field in the
> record)?

It could probably be done. Don't hold your breath waiting, though, as
I'm trying to hammer out bugs rather than add on new features.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

My room is a mess. Clothes, computers, cables, paperwork. But I did quit my job
today, so my life isn't entirely without organization.