> * Dan Jacobson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-02-26 10:47:24 +0800]:
>
> OK, I am putting
> ;; -*-coding: utf-8;-*-
> at the top of ~/.bbdb .
> Will that ensure that no matter what wacky headers somebody sends me,
> ~/.bbdb's coding won't get hijacked again, forcing me to have to dig it
> out of backups?

I feel your pain.
I have not had this problem since I put in my .emacs this:

(setq bbdb-file-coding-system 'utf-8-unix)
(add-hook 'bbdb-load-hook
  (lambda () (setq bbdb-file-coding-system 'utf-8-unix)))

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) on Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz)
http://ffii.org http://www.openvotingconsortium.org