On April 30, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> Maybe re-writing bbdb "right" as part of Emacs might help. It seems
> like a bit of work, though.

Hey, be my guest. I've thought about it every so often, if only to
discard the amount of junk code that's probably only relevant to Emacs
18.59, but I know I'll break every single part of it somehow if I do
any sort of rewrite. After all, it took me several months to hammer
out all the bugs I (re)introduced when I rewrote the completion code,
and I'm still not 100% sure it's right, AND it's gotten to the point
where I'm no longer sure I understand it (which was the reason I redid
it in the first place).

Why not write a hook into bbdb instead of depending on it? If BBDB
exists, it gets used by ecomplete, if not, no damage.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.
"operating complicated machinery when possessed of the cognitive powers of a