   >> (while (/= (char-syntax (char-after (point))) ?w)
   >> (forward-line 1))
   >>
   >> Anybody has an idea?

   APA> Uwe, what we need is a test-case starting with
   APA> xemacs -vanilla

   APA> Not very surprising, is it?

Hi Adrian,

I think I found the culprit. It has nothing to do with xemacs -vanilla
or not, since it appears with both xemacs and xemacs -vanilla.

The culprit is the region on which I want to apply bbdb-snarf-region.

The following works without trouble:

John Doe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

But only the simple email address causes the problems I described.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Can please somebody confirm this?

I think to have the possibility to bbdb-snarf-region on a simple email
address is important! I sometimes get addresses just in this
form. Also goto-address-at-point works like this.

I tried to set up a simplefied version of bbdb-snarf-region,
bbdb-snarf-region-simple so that it would work with the stand alone
email address, but I failed.

Uwe Brauer.