I found this myself (via an SF forum for another project) last week.
An easy thing to make it easy to continue to use your current check
out is to edit every file named Root and add bbdb. to the
cvs.sourceforge.net address therein.  My version (warning, from memory):

for root in `find . -name Root` ; do
cat $root | sed 's/cvs\./bbdb\.cvs\./' >  $root
done

hth,

--
Dave Goldberg