On Friday, December 15, 2006 at 19:33:20, Leo wrote:
> * Robert Widhopf-Fenk (2006-12-15 19:39 +0100) said:
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >> 1. modify the function bbdb-complete-name such that the hashtable
> >> which currently is obtained by calling bbdb-hashtable is also
> >> includes the lastnames.
> >
> > You got the idea, but it is not `bbdb-complete-name' which
> > must/should be modified, it is full of trap and when ever
> > one tries to modify/fix it bugs are likely to slip in ...
> >
> > `bbdb-hash-record' must be modified, ......
>
> Last-name completion looks like useful to me. Will the patch go into
> CVS?

This has landed in CVS now, but slightly differing from the patch.

Instead of putting only the lastname into the hashmap for
completion, it puts "lastname firstname" which should reduce
duplicates.

There is no new screw to disable it, thus get used to this
new feature and learn to like it. ;-)

Robert