Hi all,

I use emacs fully maximized all the time, so setting

  (setq bbdb-use-pop-up 'horiz)

seems to be a good idea. My problem with that is that the bbdb pop-up
window splits the tallest window in such a way that the first buffer of
the split gets too little space whereas the bbdb pop-up takes too much.

Here's a screenshot.

  http://www.tsdh.de/images/bbdb-pop-up.png

The gnus article buffer has 73 columns, the bbdb buffer has 112 columns.

How can I set it up so that the original buffer of the tallest window
stays at least 80 columns wide?

I use bbdb version 2.35.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Fighting patents one by one  will never eliminate the danger of software
patents,  any  more than  swatting  mosquitoes  will eliminate  malaria.