   >> However sometimes I want to send a mail to a newsgroup and I am not in
   >> that group so this does not work.

   > WFM.  Add a "Newsgroups:" header (e.g. `C-c C-f C-n'), then hitting
   > TAB in the Newsgroups line expands the group (at least if Gnus knows
   > about it, e.g. if your subscribed to it):

   > "Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.bb"[TAB] -> "Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.bbdb.user"

Ok, I have bound TAB to pabbrev-expan-maybe.
On a TO: field SPACE expands bbdb alias; while  on a Newsgroups fields is
does not.

So I thought of binding shift tab to
  (local-set-key [(iso-left-tab)] 'message-expand-group)

However that seems not to work I obtain an error

--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument commandp
message-expand-group)
  call-interactively(message-expand-group) recursive-edit()
  byte-code("..." [buffer-read-only noninteractive debugger-buffer
  middlestart debugger-args debugger-batch-max-lines pop-to-buffer
  debugger-mode debugger-setup-buffer count-lines 2 "...\n" message
  buffer-string kill-emacs debug backtrace-debug 3 t debugger-reenable
  "" nil recursive-edit standard-output] 3) debug(error
  (wrong-type-argument commandp message-expand-group))
  call-interactively(message-expand-group)

What is the correct way to bind this.

Uwe