Hi,

Some of our reporting related softwares (e.g. Atlassian JIRA) sends
reporting mails from a dedicated e-mail address while changing the name
according the to action owner. Consider below "From:" lines.

  Bob <autorep...@rd.foocorp.com>
  Alice <autorep...@rd.foocorp.com>

Moreover, Bob and Alice were already recorded with their individual
addresses in BBDB. Therefore, everytime I try to open a post from
autorep...@rd.foocorp.com address, BBDB asks me if I want to to add
autorep...@rd.foocorp.com as an alternative to b...@rd.foocorp.com. To
disable this interruption, I wrote something similar to below.

  (defun bbdb-append-extract-address-component-ignore-regexp (&rest regexp-list)
    (setq bbdb-extract-address-component-ignore-regexp
        (apply #'concat
               (cons
                bbdb-extract-address-component-ignore-regexp
                (mapcar (lambda (regexp) (concat "|" regexp)) regexp-list)))))

  (bbdb-append-extract-address-component-ignore-regexp
   "autorep...@rd\\.foocorp\\.com")

But unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be working. Any ideas?

Regards.