I wanted to have a gcc field added to my outgoing messages which is
 based on a relevant bbdb entry. Since I use an imap server it
 Here is an example, I use an imap server, and the outgoing mail to
 the bbdb mailing list should end in the folder BBDB,  that is
 nnimap+UCM:BBDB.
 This is what the code does. The variable
 bbdb-yank-prefix controls the prefix nnimap+UCM: and the field for
 the gcc is called  imap. You can of course change this.

 The starting point was some code provided to me by Robert
 Fenk. However the problem with that code was that it took the gcc
 field from some entry of the BBDB buffer and if there was more than
 on entry often the wrong string was inserted. So I had to use code
 which extracted the correct BBDB entry from the TO field .  I
 succeeded by using to a large extend code from sigadapt.el written
 by by C.Queinnec (University of Paris 6 & INRIA)

Uwe Brauer