I've been using bbdb with Gnus for quite a while, and it's almost always
been great.  (I have had a problem, reported here and never solved, in
which I sometimes get errors like "Args out of range: 0, 31" or the like
when trying to read a message.  Killing Gnus and Emacs and then
restarting has always fixed that, though.

I just upgraded from Ubuntu Jaunty to Karmic (clean install), and now
I've got more major bbdb problems.  When I try to read a message, I get
(error "catastrophic: bbdb-records recursed").  Before I got that, I'd
get the "Args out of range" error with different numbers, and it
wouldn't go away with restarting.

I figured I had corrupted my .bbdb, so I copied over the backup made
just before the upgrade (when all was supposedly working).  That didn't
help; the recursed problem got more solid, if anything.

I'm running Gnus v5.11, BBDB v.2.35, and GNU Emacs 22.2.1 as modified by
Ubuntu.

Any thoughts?  I'm not an elisp coder, but I'm game to run some code to
check .bbdb integrity, if such code exists.

Thanks,

Bill
--
Bill Harris                      http://facilitatedsystems.com/weblog/
Facilitated Systems                              Everett, WA 98208 USA