Ben McKenzie <ben.k.mcken...@gmail.com> writes:

> I tried to send this to the list earlier, but it doesn't seem to have
> shown up.
>
> I'm trying to change the default timestamp format that BBDB uses for
> its database to make it easier to sync it with an external
> source. I've set bbdb-time-display-format to "%Y-%m-%dT%T%z" (what is
> considered an ISO standard) but in the .bbdb file, it's still using
> Y-M-D for all the timestamps. I'm not sure why it's not changing the
> format.

Looking at bbdb.el (line 1291 here), I see that bbdb-time-display-format
is used only by the following function, bbdb-time-convert. This has the
following docstring:

     "Convert a date from the BBDB internal format to the format
   determined by FORMAT (or `bbdb-time-display-format' if FORMAT not
   present).  Returns a string containing the date in the new format."

It seems that the times get stored in a standard internal format in
.bbdb, but bbdb-time-display-format controls how they get displayed?

Rupert