I've been looking into a replacement for moy-bbdb (i.e., fetching
mail addresses and updating BBDB based on outgoing mail messages).
I'd like to do this similar to the other MUA interfaces of BBDB.

Along that way I discovered a historic oddity of BBDB that I
overlooked up to now in the new code. I thought I could post this
here, in case anyone wants to comment on this:

At some point in time each MUA interface of BBDB used slightly
different ways of handling the suppression of uninteresting mail
addresses.

 - the VM interface used vm-summary-uninteresting-senders

 - the Gnus interface used gnus-ignored-from-addresses

 - Rmail used user-mail-address

Yet this has been disabled years ago because all these variables are
let-bound to nil before they are passed to BBDB. Instead
bbdb-get-address-components uses bbdb-user-mail-address-re, which
applies to all MUAs in the same way.

Is there any good reason to reactivate a mechanism for suprpesing
uninteresting mail addresses on a per-MUA basis? If not, I want to
remove the relics of this scheme completely and use only
bbdb-user-mail-address-re.