On Wed Feb 2 2011 Leo wrote:
> > One could have the format specifiers
> >
> > %s  streets (used repeatedly for each street part)
> > %c  city
> > %z  zip code
> > %S  state
> > %C  country
>
> This is still awkward for Chinese addresses. In bbdb2 it was so awkward
> to put address in the address field that I have to put them in the notes
> field.
>
> This is because we tend to use one line for the address and it is
> specified from country/state to street/room number, for example,
>      14     6 C1C .

I am not sure I understand correctly what you are missing here.

It appears to me that the room number could become a second street
part. (The street part of a BBDB address is really just a list of
strings.)

Also, newlines would become part of the format specification. So if
the format specification for chinese addresses contained no
newlines, everything would go on one line. So for the street part
you might want to use a plain "%s" which would be used repeatedly
for all street parts.