On Fri Apr 29 2011 Leo wrote:
> I think bbdb should remain at current-record when
> bbdb-display-all-records.
>
> The following is my naive attempt. `naive' in that I don't like invoking
> (sit-for 0), which causes flickering but without it `search-forward' can
> fail. Ideas?

Why do you need the sit-for? Is this code not running sequentially?

Also, I would not search for the name. Each displayed record
includes a marker with the buffer position where it begins. So you
can right go to this position. (Check the variable bbdb-records in
the *BBDB* buffer.)

Yet I am not sure I understand the overall benefit of this change.
If someone wants to look through all his/her records, why should
point be at some particular record? While I do not use
bbdb-display-all-records very often, I guess I'd find myself jumping
to the beginning of the buffer each time I have invoked this
command.

Possibly such a feature is more suited for someone's personal bbdb
init file. Or am I missing something wonderful?