I notice that the docstrings of functions `bbdb-address-edit-default' and
`bbdb-address-edit-continental' are identical.

The latter one should be replaced by something like:

  "Function to use for address editing.
   The sub-fields are queried using the european order and using the
   default names.  Set `bbdb-address-editing-function' to an alternate
   address editing function if you don't like this function.  It is
   mostly used for European style addresses.

   The sub-fields and the prompts used are:
   Street, line n:  (nth n street)
   Zip Code:        zip
   City:            city
   Country:         country"

Besides, when loading `bbdb-com.el" in Emacs24 here is the message I get:

        "old style backquotes detected"

--
Rene