I am sorry for the delay, I've been too busy with other stuff.
But finally there are various (smaller) changes to BBDB.

Most noteworthy are

- Following Leo's request I changed the search prefix from S to /.

  (I am one of those who cannot remember such bindings anyway.
  Usually I use the menu bar to look them up. For BBDB the menu bar
  should provide a fairly complete list of commands and their key
  bindings.)

- I applied Abhi Yerra's patch that updates the mechanism for
  dialing phone numbers. (I cleaned up the patch to comply with
  Emacs coding standards.)

2011-09-19  Roland Winkler  <wink...@gnu.org>
        * lisp/bbdb.el (bbdb-mode-map): Use / as search prefix.

2011-09-19  Abhi Yerra  <a...@berkeley.edu>
        * lisp/bbdb.el (bbdb-dial-function): New variable.
        (bbdb-sound-player, bbdb-sound-files, bbdb-modem-dial)
        (bbdb-modem-device, bbdb-sound-volume): Removed (obsolete).

        * lisp/bbdb-com.el (bbdb-dial-number): Use browse-url and
        bbdb-dial-function.
        (bbdb-play-sound): Removed (obsolete)

2011-09-19  Roland Winkler  <wink...@gnu.org>
        * lisp/bbdb-com.el (bbdb-dial): First remove extension.  Simplify.

2011-09-19  Roland Winkler  <wink...@gnu.org>
        * lisp/bbdb.el (bbdb-version): Do not use interactive-p.

        * lisp/bbdb-message.el: Require sendmail for mail-mode-map.

        * lisp/bbdb-anniv.el (number): Use with-no-warnings.

        * lisp/bbdb-com.el (bbdb-divide-name): Fix regexp for matching
        last name prefixes.